Thursday, September 25, 2008

Latin Jazz Alliance at Earth Day, Pelham Bay 4/16/00

One of the incarnations of the Latin Jazz Alliance included several legends in the field of Salsa and Latin Jazz. Featured in this video are Prof. Joe Torres and Victor Venegas. Both of these gentlemen have prominent resumes. Victor has since passed away. He was my great friend and mentor and I still miss him dearly. Google his discography to see how impressive his career truly was. Also in the band is Connie Grossman, flautist par excellence. Victor Montanez, my partner in crime and band mate in as many as ten different groups is on tims. I unfortunately forgot the bongoceros name. My apologies to him at this time. The LJA played at the Bronx Earth Day in Pelham Bay Park for 7 years in a row. We always had a gas. Please enjoy the music.

No comments: